Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Comfort Food - Fried Walleye

One of my favorite comfort foods is fried Walleye.  I've ate it for as long as I can remember.  It's one of the best tasting fish there is, my personal favorite.  But aside from the delicious flavor it has it sparks memories of my grandparents lake house on Lake Oahe in South Dakota.  The background on my blog is the view of the sunset there.  Some of my best memories are at that place and I can't take a bite of walleye without getting an instant flashback to fishing trips in grandpa's boat, roaming the hillsides with my cousins, and watching a stunning sunset each night from the deck.  So that's why fried walleye goes down as my favorite fish and comfort food.  And wouldn't you know I enjoyed some the other night.  It went great with garlic mashed potato's.




That was the last of my stash so it's time to stock up again.  That is perhaps the best excuse for a fishing trip there is...


Thanks for looking

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!
    Good fishing, good memories, good food- hard to beat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, heck I don't think anything beats it

      Delete
  2. Sure does look good!!

    ReplyDelete